What to Know
- You can hide an app from your iPhone's Home Screen, Search function, Siri Suggestions, and AppStore purchase history.
- You can't hide apps from your App Library (any installed app will appear here, and not even third-party apps can remove it).
- Avoid third-party apps that claim to hide apps on your iPhone.
Can you hide apps on an iPhone? Absolutely! You can use your iPhone's built-in features to hide any Apple or third-party app for free. We'll show you how to hide an app on your iPhone by removing it from your Home Screen, hiding it from Search and Siri Suggestions, changing the app icon, and deleting it from your App Store purchase history. If you want to hide multiple apps, you can even hide an entire Home Screen page of app icons.
- Hide Apps from YourHome Screen Using the App Library
- Hide aPage of Apps on Your iPhone
- Hide Apps from App Store Purchase History
- Use App Folders to Hide an App on Your iPhone
How to Hide Apps on iPhone Home Screen Using the App Library
Your iPhone will include the App Library if you are running iOS 14 or later. Here's how to hideapps in the App Library, which allows you to store them away from your Home Screen.
- Press and hold the app icon for the app you want to hide.
- From the menu that appears, tap Remove App.
- Tap Remove from Home Screen. This will remove the app icon from your Home Screen, but keep it safely stored in your App Library.
This will hide the app in the iPhoneApp Library. Now to find your app, just swipe left to your last Home Screen and swipe left one more time to access your App Library and search for the app name. Since it's easy to find hidden apps in the App Library, you can alwayschange your mind and add them back to your Home Screen later.If you're interested, here's more guidance on the App Library.
Can I HideApps from the App Library?
No, you can'thide or remove an app from theApp Library as longit is installed on your device. So unless you delete and reinstall the app each time you use it, the app will always appear when you search your App Library.
How toHide Apps on iPhone by Hiding an Entire App Page
If you're looking for a way to hide multiple apps, hiding an entire Home Screen page of apps is my favorite method. Before you follow the steps below, drag any apps you want to hide onto their own Home Screen page. Then, follow the steps below to learnhow to hide apps on your iPhone by hiding an entire Home Screen page of apps from view:
- Press and hold anywhere on your Home Screen to enter Edit mode.Tap the Home Screen dots located above your dock.
- You'll see a birds-eye view of your Home Screen pages. To hide a page from view, tap the checkmark beneath the page to remove it.
Only Home Screen pages witha checkmark below themwill appear when you swipe through your Home Screen pages.If you change your mind and want to unhide this page of apps, tap the circle iconto add the checkmark again.
How to Hide Apps from iPhone Search &Smart Suggestions
Your iPhone Search function allows you to searchfor apps or content on your device from one unified location, whileSmart Suggestions uses Siri's intelligence to suggest apps based on your usage patterns. This can lead to hidden apps on your iPhone showing up in search results or suggestions when you'd rather not see them. Be warned: if you use this method, someone determined to snoop can still find your iPhone's hidden apps by searching the App Library. However, taking these measures will help to further conceal your app. Here's how to hide apps from iPhone Search and Smart Suggestions:
- Open the Settings app and tap Siri & Search.
- Scroll down to the app section and select the app you want to hide.
- To hide an app and its contents from Search, toggle off Show App in Search and Show Content in Search. The toggles are gray when disabled.
- To hide an app from Smart Suggestions, toggle off Learn from this App, Show on Home Screen, Suggest App, and Suggestion Notifications.
Once the toggles have been disabled, the app and its content will no longer appear in your Search results or SmartSuggestions (even if you have the SiriSuggestions widget on your Home Screen).
Related:How to Make a Private Photo Album to Hide Pictures on iPhone
Return to top
How to Hide Apps from App Store Purchase History
If you have Family Sharing enabled, anyone in your Family Group can see and download the apps you’ve purchased and downloaded. If you want to keep some of your apps private, you can hide them from your App Store purchase history. Don't worry; you can always find hidden app purchases laterwhen you need to!
- Open the App Store app and tap on yourprofile icon in the upper-right corner.
- Tap Purchased to view alist of the apps you have previously purchased through the App Store.
- If you're using Family Sharing, tapMy Purchases. If not, skip down to step 4.
- When you locate the app you want to hide, swipe left on the app.
- Tap Hide to remove your app from the list of purchasedapps.
- Repeat for any other apps you want to hide. Once you're finished hiding apps, tap Done.
This method only hides the app from your App Store purchase history, and willnot delete the app on your iPhone or iPad.You also can’t hide app subscriptions from the Family Organizer in Family Sharing, even if you hide the app from Purchases. Need to find hidden App Store purchases? No worries;it's easy.
Return to top
Use App Folders to Hide an App on Your iPhone
If you're looking for a way to reduce clutter on your Home Screen, creating app folders is a great way to do this! However, if your purpose is to hide multiple apps, I recommend using theHide aPage of Appsmethod, whichI've found to be more convenient. If you do chose the method below, here's how to create an iPhone folder to hide your apps:
- Choose a folder that already exists on your iPhone or create a new app folder.
- Press and hold anywhere on your Home Screen to enter edit mode. Then, drag the app into the folder of your choice.
- Tap to open the folder, then drag the app to the rightso you can place it on the second page of the folder (only the apps on the first page of the folder are visible on the Home Screen).
If you really want to hide apps deep down in your folders, you can create up to 12 pages in a folder as long as each page has one app. That means you could have a folder with 11 pages of apps you only sometimes use, and hide your app or apps on the twelfth page.This method doesn’t completely hide apps on your iPhone, but it sure makes it hard to accidentally come across them.
How toHide Apps in iPhone by Changing the App Icon & Name
If you're looking for a fun way to hide apps on your iPhone Home Screen, you can also learn how to change app icons using the Shortcuts app. This customization option allows you to replace the default app icon with another image on your Home Screen and change the app name that is displayed.
Note:This will onlychange how the app is displayed on your Home Screen (not in your App Library).As we noted above, there's no way to hide an app from your App Libraryunless you delete and re-install it.
Now that you know how to hide an app on iPhone in a variety of ways, you can decide which method works best for your purposes! And just in case you hide an app toowell, we can show you how to find hidden apps on your iPhone.
Master your iPhone in one minute a day: Sign up here to get our FREE Tip of the Day delivered right to your inbox.
Is there a way to hide apps on your iPhone so people won't see them anywhere? ›
To hide an app on your iPhone, go to your Home Screen and tap and hold any app. Then select Edit Home Screen and drag the app on top of another app. Finally, open the folder and drag the app you want to hide to the right side in order to create a new folder window. Go to the Home Screen on your iPhone.How do I secretly hide apps on my iPhone? ›
- First, create a folder by tapping and holding down on an app and dragging it on top of another app. ...
- Now, drag the app that you want to hide into the folder you just created. ...
- If you want to hide more than one app, drag any others into the folder too.
You can hide apps on your iPhone so they don't appear on your home screen or in search results. To find an app that you've hidden, ask Siri, use the Search function, or open the App Library. Hiding an iPhone app won't delete any of its data, and you can unhide it at any time.How do you know if someone has hidden apps on iPhone? ›
Use Spotlight search. This is the quickest way to find hidden apps on iPhone. Simply swipe down on your Home Screen to get to Spotlight and type the app name for it to appear.How can I completely hide an app? ›
Open Android device settings. Scroll down and click on the Home screen. Search and click Hide apps. Now click as many apps as you wish to hide, and the hidden applications won't appear in the home screen menu.What is the fastest way to hide apps on iPhone? ›
- Press and hold on the app you'd like to hide. ...
- Confirm you want to hide the app. ...
- Press and hold on a blank space on any home screen page. ...
- Confirm you want to hide the app. ...
- Open your App Library. ...
- Find your app. ...
- Re-add the hidden app to your home screen.
Such apps and tricks let you hide your “naughty” apps from view on Android and iOS smartphone and tablets. First, there is an app called AppLocker for Android and for iOS. Once installed, a teen can place apps inside a folder and apply password-protection to that folder.How do I find hidden apps on my wifes iPhone? ›
- Long-press the background of your Home Screen until the icons jiggle.
- Tap the dots at the bottom of the screen.
- View all visible and hidden Home Screen pages.
- Unhide Home Screens by tapping the empty circle next to it.
- Tap Done.
On an iPhone or iPad, the Hidden album is on and visible by default. When you turn off the Hidden album, any photos or videos that you've hidden won't be visible in the Photos app.What is the secret iPhone menu? ›
Many apps on the iPhone have hidden menus called Quick Actions. All you have to do is hold down the icon for the app you want to see the Quick Action menu for. Apps that come pre-installed on your iPhone, like the Camera, Mail, Notes, Settings, Messages and Phone apps have these menus.
How can you tell if someone has a hidden app? ›
- Visit your app drawer section.
- Tap on the three dots that are present at the upper-right of the device screen.
- Click on the home screen settings. It will navigate you to the Hide apps menu; tap on it.
- Here, you will see the hidden apps that are not showing in the app list.
You can go to the Settings on your Android phone, then select Apps, you can find hidden or missing apps by checking your App list.Where are hidden apps stored on iPhone? ›
How do I locate apps that have been hidden on my iPhone? To locate apps that are hidden on your device you can swipe right until the search box appears at the top of your display. Then can then type in the name of the app that you are looking for and it will be located on your device.What app can hide apps on iPhone? ›
Cloak allows you to make selected apps hidden from your device, including the home screen, app library, notifications, and more. This feature is great for protecting your privacy or reducing distractions. With Safe Zones, you can automatically hide selected apps when you leave your home or work place.How do I hide apps from certain parents? ›
- Open your App drawer.
- Tap the three dots in the top right.
- Open Home Screen Settings (or just Settings).
- Select the Hide apps option.
- Choose the app(s) you want to conceal.
- Confirm via the Apply button (or press Done).
Ghost apps are applications that are purposely created to conceal information that a person does not want others to see or access. Some ghost apps can incorporate videos or sound files, while other ghost apps can conceal the presence of other applications. Ghost picture apps can keep photo files in a secret folder.How do you find hidden Snapchat on iPhone? ›
- On your home screen, scroll all the way to the right (as far right as you can go)
- At the top, you'll see a search bar with "App Library" in it. ...
- Scroll to find the app you hid, or type the name of it into the search bar. ...
- Once you find it, tap it, hold it, and drag it to the left.
- Hide Photos Videos HiddenVault.
- Secret Photo Vault – Keepsafe.
- Private Photo Vault – Pic Safe.
- Secret Photo Album – SA.
- Best Secret Folder.
- Secret photos – KYMS.
- Safe Lock – Secret Photo Album.
- Secret Photo Vault Lock Photos.